26. Why are you moving? Because our new house has ______ space than the old one. A. a lot of B. more of C. a lot more D. most 27. “The longest fish in
26. Why are you moving?
Because our new house has ______ space than the old one.
A. a lot of B. more of
C. a lot more D. most
27. “The longest fish in the contest was eighteen inches long”
“It _______________ by Thelma Rivers.”
A. was catching B. caught
C. was caught D. catch
28. “ Are we about to have dinner?”
“Yes, it ________ in the dinning room”
A. is serving B. serves
C. is being served D. served
29. If you _______ time, please write to me.
A. have B. had
C. have had D. has
30. My great passion in life is _________________.
A. to study B. studying
C. study D. studied
31. She is ________ up with doing the same thing everyday.
A. fed B. bored
C. tired D. fond
32. She is beginning __________ karate.
A. to take B. taking
C. take D. being taken
33. His friends are surprised _________ his success.
A. in B. by
C. with D. at
34. We are tired ________ the long walk.
A. by B. of
C. with D. for
35. There are many ways of ________ free time in Britain.
A. paying B. using
C. making D. spending
36. Football seems _______ the most popular game in England.
A. being B. be
C. to be D. to have been
38. People are fond ______ watching that program.
A. of B. with
C. up D. by
39. Important matches often take ________ at weekends.
A. care B. up
C. place D. part in
40. She has no _______ in studying mathematics.
A. interested B. interesting
C. longer D. interest
41. This is the man __________ teaches me.
A. who B. whom
B. which D. whose
42. He married Mary who had great ________ on his books.
A. effect B. influence
C. impression D. feelings
43. John fell in _______ with a girl who he met on a train.
A. love B. passion
B. loving D. interest
44. Michael Faraday, ______ name is famous in the history of electricity, was an English
A. who B. his
C. its C. the
45. His salary was too low. He could ________ feed his children.
A. barely B. hard
C. hardly C. rarely
46. M. Curie, _______ discovered radium, was a famous French physicist.
A. whose B. that
C. who D. which
47. We call a man who studies language __________.
A. linguist B. linguistics
C. scientist D. foreigner
48. Laboratory is where ________ are carried out.
A. lessons B. works
C. experiments D. tasks
49. The battle field is _______ soldiers fight.
A. who B. that
C. which D. where
50. Spoken English is not ________ phonetic.
A. system B. systematic
C. systematically D. basically.