D. READING. I. Read the following passage and choose the best option for each blank. One of the greatest ___(56)___ in Africa and one of the most spe
I. Read the following passage and choose the best option for each blank.
One of the greatest ___(56)___ in Africa and one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world, Victoria Falls is located ____(57)_____ the Zambezi River, the fourth ___(58)___ river in Africa, which is also defining the border between Zambia ____(59)_____ Zimbabwe.
Victoria Falls is the only waterfall in the world with the ___(60)___ of more than a kilometre and a height of more than hundred metres. It’s also considered to be the largest ____(61)_____ in the world.
The ___(62)___ of Victoria Falls can be heard from a ___(63)____ of 40 kilometres, while the spray and mist from the falling water is rising to a height of over 400 metres and can ___(64)____ seen from a distance of 50 kilometres. No wonder ___(65)___ the local tribes used to call the waterfall Mosi-oTunya “ The smoke that thunders”.
56. A. attract B. attractive C. attraction D. attractions
57. A. in B. on C. near D. at
58. A. large B. larger C. largest D. larging
59. A. but B. or C. so D. and
60. A. long B. longer C. length D. lengthen
61. A. stream B. river C. lake D. fall
62. A. noise B. music C. sounds D. rhythm
63. A. far B. way C. distance D. road
64. A. is B. are C. be D. being
65. A. what B. this C. how D. that
56. 57. 58. 59. 60.
61. 62. 63. 64. 65.