Exercise 5: Write sentences, using the words given 1. She/ often/ take/ paracetamol/ if/ she/ get / bad/ headache. __________________________________
Exercise 5: Write sentences, using the words given
1. She/ often/ take/ paracetamol/ if/ she/ get / bad/ headache.
2. how many calories/ you/ bum/ do/ aerobics/ 2 hours?
3. getting/ enough/ sleep/ help/ students/ do/ their best/ the classroom.
4. Phong/ eat/ lots of/ junk food/ so/ he/ putting/ weight.
5. / exercise/ daily/ because/ I/ want/ stay/ healthy.
6. Sitting/ too/ close/ the TV/ hurt/ your eyes.
Exercise 7: Read the passage and choose the correct answer
Keeping tabs on your calorie intake is a great way to stay healthy and (1) __________ in shape. Calorie is a measurement of energy we get from eating food and it’s also a measurement of energy we use to do an activity. The number of calories you need daily (2) ________ depending on your age, gender, weight, height and lifestyle. There are various tools online which you can use to determine your recommended calorie intake. Remember to take note (3) ________ what you eat and drink (4) ________ you can adjust your diet. It’s also important to exercise regularly as it helps (5) _______ extra calorie. Besides having a balanced diet, it’s advised that you should eat more small meals instead of three big meals ones a day.
1. A. to be B. being C. to have been D. be
2. A. is varying B. varied C. varies D. will vary
3. A. for B. at C. of D. to
4. A. so B. as C. if D. or
5. A. take B. burn C. use D. run
Exercise 8: Write the second sentence so that it has the same meaning to the first one.
1. Sue started to eat a low carb diet two years ago.
→ Sue has
2. Could you take me to the airport Friday morning?
→ Would you mind
3. How about going to the movies tonight?
4. July stayed home from school yesterday because she had a high fever.
→ July had a high fever,
5. She eats fruits and veggies every day, but she keeps gaining weight.
6. Mark’s gained 5 kilos since he quit smoking.
→ Mark’s put
7. Joana doesn’t eat much in order not to be overweight.
→ Joana doesn’t eat much because
8. It’s a good idea to do exercise regularly.
→ You ________________________________________________________________