Use the word in BOLD print at the end of the line to form a new sentence that has the same meaning. You must use TWO to FIVE words and are not allowed
Use the word in BOLD print at the end of the line to form a new sentence that has the same
meaning. You must use TWO to FIVE words and are not allowed to change the key word in any way.
1. We don’t know anything about the problem. (INFORMATION)
We don’t _________________________________ about the problem.
2. There is only a little coffee left in the jar . (MUCH)
There _________________________________ coffee left in the jar.
3. I don’t want a lot of cream on my strawberries . (CREAM)
I only want _________________________________ on my strawberries.
4. Could you lend me some money until the weekend ? (FROM)
Could I _________________________________ you until the weekend ?
5. I can’t decide which shoes I like most, the blue ones or the green ones (CHOOSE)
I can’t _________________________________ the blue shoes and the green shoes.
6. Why don’t you return the sweater to the shop you got it from ? (BACK)
Why don’t you _________________________________ to the shop you got it from?
7. I don’t agree with your opinion of the new shopping center . (WRONG)
I think you _________________________________ the new shopping center.
8. I found the photo by chance when I was tidying up my room . (ACROSS)
I _________________________________ the photo when I was tidying up my room.
9. Fridges and freezers are not the same thing (DIFFERENCE).
There _________________________________ fridges and freezers.
10. Don’t put those plastic bags in the bin – use them again ! (AWAY)
Don’t _________________________________ – use them again.
11. Our car stopped working on the motorway, so we had to call a mechanic. (DOWN)
We had to call a mechanic when our car _________________________________ on the
12. There are quite a few things I would like to invent! (NUMBER)
There are _________________________________ things that I’d like to invent.
13. Carl described his new mobile phone to me. (TOLD)
Carl _________________________________ his new mobile phone.
14. Remind me to send Nigel a letter about our plans (WRITE)
Remind me to _________________________________ our plans.
15. Some chimpanzees use sign language to talk to people (COMMUNICATE).
Some chimpanzees _________________________________ people through sign language.
16. Katy sent me a text message (RECEIVED).
I _________________________________ Katy
17. It wasn’t necessary for me to buy a stamp for my letter (NEED)
I _________________________________ to buy a stamp for my letter.
18. My computer doesn’t work, so I can’t email you. (WRONG)
There’s _________________________________ my computer , so I can’t email you.
19. I think we should build a new theatre in town (FAVOUR)
I am _________________________________ building a new theatre in town.
20. Have you ever participated in a swimming event ? (PART)
Have you ever _________________________________ a swimming event?