Choose the word which has the underlined part is pronounced differently 1. A. dad B.hat C.plant. D. happy 2.A.ask B.Plastic C.back D.grandmother 3. A.
Choose the word which has the underlined part is pronounced differently
1. A. dad B.hat C.plant. D. happy
2.A.ask B.Plastic C.back D.grandmother
3. A. tomato B.natural C.bath D.garden
4. A. that B. tap C.backpack D.classmate
5. A.palm B.fasten C.classmate D.traffic
6. A.needed B. liked C. washed D. hoped
7.A.polluted B.prepared C.recycled D.watered
8.A.stayed B. listened C. cooked D. played
9.A.stand B. have C.glass D.bag
10.A.starting B.marbles C. stars D.Solar
11. A.wrap B.racket C.manner D. space
Read the text about Pelé and answer the questions
Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as Pelé, is widely regarded as the best football player of all time. Pelé was born on October 21st, 1940 in the countryside of Brazil. Pelé’s father was a professional football player and taught Pelé how to play at a very young age.
Pelé began his career at the age of 15 when he started playing for Santos Football Club. In 1958, at the age of 17, Pelé won his first World Cup. It was the first time the World Cup was shown on TV. People around the world watched Pelé play and cheered.
Pelé won three World Cups and scored 1,281 goals in his 22-year career. In 1999, he was voted Football Player of the Century. Pelé is a national hero in Brazil. During his career he became well-known around the world as ‘The King of Football’.
1. When was Pelé born?
2. Why do people call him ‘The King of Football?
3. When did he become Football Player of the Century?
4. How many goals did he score in total?