There are more and more challenges for school children today at their early age. For example, elementary pupils have to work harder to finish many typ
There are more and more challenges for school children today at their early age. For example, elementary pupils have to work harder to finish many types of homework. Teachers and parents can help them in many ways. Teachers should be more ready to give timely comments and feedbacks to encourage their pupils. At home, parents also need to care more about the place and time for their children to do homework. There should be enough space to work comfortably, good light, and no distraction such as television and phone calls.
Taking tests is another challenge for school children. Some parents worry that their children will become stressed over the tests. However, teachers can help them prepare more carefully for the test and become more confident to pass them. Teachers try to make sure that the pupils really enjoy the experience, so that they are able to do their best. Parents can help by not taking them too seriously. The more relaxed parents are, the better children can perform in the tests.
1. Which of the following sentences is used as an example to show how hard children have to study today?
A. They have to take many kinds of exams.
B. They have to get good marks.
C. They have to finish a lot of homework.
D. They have to neglect many types of homework.
2. According to the passage, what DON’T parents need to care more about when their children do their homework?
A. space B. position C. distraction D. time
3. How do parents feel about their children’s taking tests?
A. They care about them.
B. They help them prepare for the tests.
C. They think it is a challenge for them.
D. They worry that their children will become stressed.
4. Why do teachers have to make school children feel that taking tests is an enjoyable experience?
A. So that they prepare more carefully.
B. So that they are able to do their best.
C. So that they are more confident to take the tests.
D. So that they are more worried about taking tests.
5. What kinds of attitude should parents show towards children’s taking tests?
A. relaxed B. serious C. useful D. ready